Friday, December 3, 2010

Down with math!

A couple things about this date: 

1.  Going into it I knew it was a waste of time (when isn't it?), and 

2.  I decided that from now on, since I'm going on 29 and I'm "established" (ie: set in my ways), I'm not going to try to impress people anymore.  

Now, those of you who know me are probably thinking "when did she ever try to impress anyone?" And you make a good point.  What I really mean is that I'm not going to filter my thoughts.  Okay, okay.  I know.  I'm notoriously unfiltered.  But YOU have never been on a date with me.  On dates I do a passable job of keeping the lid on. Not so tight that if your kids got in the medicine cabinet you wouldn't be making a trip to the emergency room, but tight enough that if it fell off the counter not all of them would spill out onto the floor. 

Alright, so this guy "Sean" is a big finance/economics dude getting his MBA.  The first notable thing about him is that his mannerisms and speech resemble a former coworker of mine who shall remain jobless (because he was such a know-it-all).  There's nothing worse than two know-it-alls trying to one-up each other.  Sean didn't want to hear about me.  He wanted me to know exactly how awesome he was.  Unfortunately for him, I am an expert at being awesome.  I am a double expert at being a one-upper.  See how I did that?  Sean-0, Krissie-4.  

Once I realized I didn't need to impress Sean, I subconsciously decided to insult his profession by telling him my motto: "down with math."  I do realize I'm someone whose profession could and should be insulted regularly.  And is!  Have you seen Between Two Ferns?  What about Wayne's World?  Anyway, I have a whole argument for Media Literacy and against Calculus in high schools.  Once I got started I could have stopped myself, but then I realized what Sean must have realized the whole time - I like the sound of my own voice.  

To be honest with you, Sean wasn't even really blog-worthy.  However, I needed to tell you the most important part of the date: we split the bill.  Then he said he hopes to see me soon.  The only place he's going to be seeing me is back on match, looking for another guy to date.  

No comments:

Post a Comment